Creating skills for ‘Connecting Conversations’
Are tough conversations avoided in your context? There is a need to equip staff with the knowledge, competencies and confidence to tackle difficult conversations. A paradigm shift to support a mindset for connecting conversations is empowering and productive. Issues can be raised with care, curiosity and courage with your staff developing skills for solution focused conversations.
Core content and themes
Research based information, concepts, skills and strategies will be shared, explored and practiced to support staff to build an understanding of planning, engaging in and moving forward from solution focused conversations.
Key areas of focus:
- Understanding human behaviour
- Common challenges
- The cycle of blame and drama within conflict
- Shifting from Rescuer to Coach
- Planning strategies and tools for preparation
- The power of discord and creating comfort in rigorous conversation
- Cultivating a culture for connecting conversations
- Cultivating safety and trust
- Protocols and tools to support whole school processes
Participants will receive information and engage in interactive activities that support the building of competencies to take immediately into practice.
Face to Face
Content is designed to meet your needs. Planning takes place with your leadership team to design the bespoke program to meet the needs of your staff.
- 2 day course delivering key content and supporting each participant to develop competencies for connecting conversations. Participants engage in activities and role plays to support competency building in key skills as well as full conversations. This course can be delivered to small group of 10 – 15 with one instructor or with larger groups with 2 instructors. Every participant has access to individual coaching and support.
- SDD or Twilight information sessions can be designed to focus on key elements of Difficult Conversations – Creating skills for ‘Connecting Conversations’
- One of one coaching is available to support preparation for conversations.